Terms of Sale
By using and ordering from this site you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of sale described below.
- We accept payment by all major credit/debit cards except American Express via our online secure server protected by Barclays Bank plc.
- Mail orders - We also accept payment by cheque, please allow 5 working days for the cheque to clear before orders can be dispatched. Make cheques payable to Lisa Matthews and send to; Lisa Matthews, 45 Meadowside, Angmering, West Sussex, BN16 4BW.
- The estimated dispatch time for each individual item can be found within the item descriptions.
- We endeavour to dispatch all stock items within 48 hours, wedding and made to order items within 7 days and in some cases special bespoke orders can take up to 21 days.
- We can normally accommodate urgent orders; at the time of ordering please ensure you inform us of the date your order is needed.
- All items are sent by Royal Mail 1st class at a fixed rate of £3.95 regardless of number of items ordered.
- You can opt to have your items delivered by special delivery at £9.95. This is highly recommeneded for orders exceeding £50.00.
- We cannot be responsible for items of over £50.00 value being lost in the post, when a customer has chosen not to send the itme by special delivery (signed for).
- We cannot be responsible for items which are delayed in transit due to circumstances which are out of our control, such as postal strikes.
- Delivery costs for any returned items are the responsibility of the customer.
Returns & Refunds
- Our returns policy is 14 days.
- We are happy to exchange or refund (less postage costs) unsuitable items returned to us within 14 days except;
- Bespoke items (where you have requested us to make a piece 'especially for you' to your specific style, colour or size requirements. This includes bridesmaids jewellery and any bridal pieces made in any crystal colours other than AB or clear) are not refundable.
- Earrings can be returned so long as they are in their original unopened clear transparent pouch and have not been tried on. We regret we cannot refund or exchange earrings which have been tried on, for hygiene reasons.
- Items to be returned must be in their original pristine condition and in their original packaging. Soiled, perfumed or worn items cannot be refunded.
- Postage charges are not refundable.
- We recommend you return items to us by recoded delivery if the value is under £50 by special delivery if the value is over £50. The return postage is at the customers expense.
- If items are to be exchanged for alternative goods a postage charge will apply for the re-sending of goods.
Cancellations & Changes
- If you wish to cancel or change your bridal order we must be informed within 48 hours of receiving your order.
- Cancelled orders will be refunded less 2.5% card payment charges.
- Cancellations to bespoke orders (custom made items, made especially for you), where work on your behalf has already commenced, we reserve the right to refund 50% of the total and reserve the other 50% in payment to us for work already carried out on your behalf.
- We do provide an alteration service limited to Lisa Matthews Jewellery bespoke wedding jewellery collection.
- In most cases this service is free of charge unless extra materials are required and a complete design alteration.
Bespoke Service/ made to order
- We offer a bespoke service on wedding related, special occasion jewellery & hair accessory items.
- Generally we don't charge extra for our bespoke service unless there is extra cost to us in materials or time.
- Crystal colours within our images and on our crystal colour chart can sometimes appear in slightly different shades depending upon the computer screen you are using to view our site. If you are uncertain about the crystal colour you have chosen we recommend you send us your fabric sample for a complete colour analysis, to the address above, including a printed copy of your order or an order reference number.
- Due to the very nature of handmade jewellery each piece is unique.
- Freshwater pearls are natural pearls and therefore are not perfectly round and can have indentations on their surface adding to their uniqueness and making them visibly different from fake pearls.
- Many of our bracelets can be made to measure. We operate a non-sizeist policy where we don't charge extra for making bigger bracelets for larger ladies neither do we discount for making smaller bracelets for petite ladies.
Caring For Your Jewellery
- Please ensure you read the jewellery care page on our website. If you follow our care instructions correctly there is no reason why you can't enjoy wearing your item for a long time.
Before we dispatch an item to you we make sure it is in pristine condition and fit for purpose. Like with any products, wearable items are subject to wear and tear over time and may need a little attention in the future to keep them looking as good as new. We do provide a jewellery care page on our website for your convenience however, should you accidentally damage your item we do offer a repair service under the following terms:
- We repair any item purchased from Lisa Matthews Jewellery within 6 months. A repair charge will be applicable after this time period.
- We are happy to repair any items which were originally made by Lisa Matthews Jewellery. This does not extend to jewellery we list on behalf of other designers/suppliers. If an item is not originally made by us it will be indicated within the product discriptions.
- We advise you to follow our care instructions on our jewellery care page to help prevent your jewellery from needing a repair.
- We cannot guarantee we stock all beads, wires and findings at all times. Sometimes we change suppliers or certain materials are no longer available making it difficult to repair some items, particularly exclusive one-of-a-kind pieces. In such cases we are under no obligation to carry out a repair as this is a extra service provided at the discretion of Lisa Matthews Jewellery.
- This repair service is at the discretion of Lisa Matthews Jewellery and can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Lisa Matthews Jewellery is not at liberty to carry out repairs on all items listed on our website.
- We do not repair items purchased from anywere else other than www.lisamatthewsjewellery.co.uk
- Prices on this website are gross and quoted in £GBP. Prices can be converted to other currencies using our currency converter found on the left of the screen.
- International customers can convert the price of an item into USD$ or €Euros but, ultimately the total will be calculated in local £GBP currency. Your bank will charge their normal exchange rate when sending payment to Lisa Matthews Jewellery. You can use www.xe.com if you need to convert the prices on this website into an alternative currency.
- We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without notice.
- We respect our customer's rights to confidentiality and we therefore will not pass on any details provided by you to a 3rd party. We are governed by the data protection act and we operate under it accordingly.
- All product designs, images and content on this website are the property of Seychelles UK Ltd. Trading as Lisa Matthews Jewellery. Under no circumstances may designs be copied or images used without the written agreement from Lisa Matthews Jewellery.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights.