We would like you to be able to wear your special piece of Lisa Matthews Jewellery for many, many years to come. In order to help you do this we thought we would highlight a few hints and tips for keeping your jewels in pristine condition and looking as good as new.
Like with most other things, items will last longer if time is taken to follow their care instructions properly. The hand made products we supply to you are delicate in nature and therefore a little extra care should be taken when wearing them to ensure they are protected from potential damage.
- Treat your jewellery with care and handle delicately at all times.
- Each item should be stored separately in a jewellery pouch to avoid them tangling with other pieces.
- Items containing silver components should be stored in an air-tight snap-lock bag to prevent the silver form oxidising.
- Each item should be kept in a dry place at room temperature and away from direct sunlight.
- Items should be protected from extreme heat such as hairdryers.
- Use hair products and perfumes before accessorising with your jewellery.
- Remember to remove items wherever possible before bathing, swimming or other sporting activities.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before retiring to bed.
- Take care when wearing bracelets not to catch them on anything as due to the location they are worn, they are more prone to wear and tear than necklaces.
- Reserve wedding and bridesmaids pieces only for special occasions.
- Semi-precious stones can be quite delicate in nature due to their natural properties, they therefore don't like being knocked or dropped.
- Swarovski crystals may require cleaning from time to time and can be washed gently in soapy water, use a small brush if need be and then gently pat dry with a cloth (please note some of our threading materials such as ‘silver coloured thread' is best kept away from water).
- Freshwater Pearls can be given a gentle rub with a damp cloth between your finger tips should cleaning be required.
- Silver shade thread is an absorbent material so it doesn't like to be worn in water, sprayed with perfume or dipped in silver cleaning solution. It's best to try and avoid cleaning this material.
- Tiger tail wire is a thin metal wire very finely coated with an outer protective layer and is slightly rigid in nature yet still flexible. Try not to catch these items on anything as tiger tail wire is prone to ‘kinking'.
- Silver naturally oxidizes over time and will appear darker in colour. This is easily treated by gently rubbing it with a silver cloth or dipping it into a special silver cleaning solution available from your local jewellers (never dip pearls into silver solution). To prevent silver from oxidizing you can keep it in an air tight resealable sleeve when not in use.
If you need any further advice please feel free to contact us.